MULTIFUNCTION TV PANEL

Client: Corry Soekotjo Family
Location: Jakarta

Furniture Designer: Panglima Erlangga
Builder : Evo Interior, Jakarta
Year: 2013

Initially, my client needed table for her laptop which also might be used as storage for books and make up stuff such as: hair dryer, lipsticks, etc, with a mirror on it! 




As this furniture would be placed in front of bed, the function was getting added: A plasma TV should be there. That means this stuff should work as TV panel too.

The need was getting extended when I got into the bedroom. I found out that the wall is about 240 cm length and there was a door (to the bathroom) seen from the bed. That was why I started thinking to extend the length of the furniture. I would not only put this furniture against the wall, more than it, the idea of making it as a partition was coming to my head.
 As you can see at image above, the darker grey is the closer wall. The function was getting more added because there was a door connecting to bathroom behind this partition, which means the back side of the furniture should be functioned as something having to do with bathroom activity. I decided to create another storage. 


This furniture is made of plywood covered by MDF and Deco Sheet. I chose the wood-timber pattern to make the room looks warmer. Following pictures are the final design.




Oooops....it is me in the mirror. You may see me obviously on picture below.