FORTUNE HOTEL; FRIENDLY WITH ORANGE

Project: Interior Lobby Area of Fortune Hotel, Mataram, NTB
Client: Fortune Hotel
Design & Visual: Panglima Erlangga
Interior Contractor: WK Interior






Within this project, my job is to design the front area of Fortune Hotel which is consisting: Receptionist, Lounge and restaurant area. Those items are placed on the ground floor.

Let's Start Based on the Logo
When designing something such as Commercial Brand stuff, I use to start paying attention to the Logo. I reckon that prior to specify the architectural look, the owner should have been choosing the Brand-Logo. Thus a logo is supposed to be reflecting what the clients intend.

Image of the hotel is curved-letter and colorful. The font is similar to Fender ( a brand of music instruments). Thus the exterior building consists of three colors: Red, Yellow and orange. So far, the existing exterior building has been engaged with the style of the Brand-Logo. However, Regardless the color of the brand logo, I chose Orange to be applied into the Lobby area. The reason is that Red is too strong for welcoming visitors. Orange is more friendly.

Receptionist Area
Among the the option I was offering, my client has chosen the one with curved-ceiling as you can see on following picture.
If you were wondering about technical way of creating the split-curved-ceiling (just in case you are not into technically architectural stuff) here I show you the Working in Progress Image I captured during the project:

During the project, after having many discussions with the client, I eventually make several changes. Considering to get more attendants in restaurant, I decided to enlarge the lobby resto. Following is the final image of the lobby:





The Lobby Lounge
I was playing around with Orange color eventually found that orange can be combined well with vivid colours. To get the surprising firs impression, I played around Orange with graphical stuff on the wall.


 In the corner, I placed a small lounge with Red wall covering applied onto the wall.


Since the lobby restaurant has been enlarged in order to add the capacity, I have made a little bit tweak as you can see the photographs below:



Breakfast Area
Since the restaurant is located within same area with Lobby area, I thought about how to engage it with the lobby related to the style and colour. Thus I chose graphical stuff to applied onto the wall instead of making it either elegant nor luxurious.
 As you can see, there is mirror along the wall and cutting sticker depicting a ruler. Regarding the ruler, I chose Ruler as the graphic decoration for making it different to any other hotel in the universe. You can see more detail on picture I  have already taken below.


You can have a look at the food-display much more detail by using picture below: