MEDICAL BED FOR OPHTHALMOLOGIST

Client: Klinik Mata Lombok
Location: Mataram, NTB, Lombok
Furniture Designer: Panglima Erlangga
Builder : WK Interior
Year: 2013

This is a medical bed which is multifunction. It is used for Ultrasound Guidance (USG) check up within an ophthalmology clinic. 

PROBLEM 
As my client needed storage for medical equipment as well, I decided to design the bed in which the ophthalmologists may keep the tools. The problem was simple: I had to design a bed as well as storage and made sure that the doctor may interact to the patient easily while operating the USG computer.
PROBLEM SOLVING
I divided the furniture into two parts: Bed-Storage and Computer Table. Using room's corner, it was possible to make 'L' shape.

Following is the dimension of the furniture.


COLOUR
As this furniture is medical equipment, I was supposed to apply neutral colours since neutral colours indicate clear and clean.  However, I reckoned that neutral colour for medical space such as hospital and clinic is boring. Neutral colour is scary too. That was why I chose wood pattern instead of neutral colour.




Following is the final result image with the light on and off